Dark Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Two: The Auran.

+12
Penthar
Kath
Starlyght
Mathias
Mistress-Inu
Chi
daccat
Erin
xxcalciferxx
Admin
Nick
TaiKitsune
16 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 14 Empty Re: Chapter Two: The Auran.

Post by Nick Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:33 pm

((*chuckles* Thanks Erin))

Histlan listenedto his words, brow pinching forward slightly, which caused her to grimace as it made the pain through the one half of her face and head sharper like pricked and pulled before it went back to a plain pulsing of pain. She tried to listen and sense the world around her still, the thundering of hooves and the retreating men as well as the suffering all around, but the light-headed feeling made it very difficult to concentrate on anything, even Ivaylo right with her. What was worse, it made her feel actually blind for the first time in a long while, and without her staff she felt at a loss. It spun a horrid feeling of anxiety deep down in her, and would not have been so terrible if she at least felt like she was standing on solid ground. Despite the hard earth under her she was having difficulty keeping her weight centered and it felt like she was standing in thin broken layers of ice over shifting water.

She outstretched her hands, one for help with balance, the other a silent subconscious beckon for aid. Her unexplained cognition of where and how people were was questionable in its existence for the time and she acted much more like an actually blind person when she found his hand and took hold of it instinctively. "It's not the second thought and doubt that's important, it's the action taken... despite it."

Her grasp quivered but she pulled herself a bit closer tring to remain steady and as aware as she could. Her other hand came up quickly and wiped at the line of blood that tickled her cheek, before it returned to the handle of one of the jutte on her belt. She realized then as a ringing in her ears came apparent, that she could in fact remember how she gotten hit in the head, the last thing she remembered was the sudden realization that the corpse next to her had been moving. Her lips pulled up in pain as she lowered her head but said, "There are greater injuries out there, we need to help others." And she raised her head again and turned her attention out towards the rest of the slowly becoming aftermath.
Nick
Nick

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-11-23

http://www.leighanief.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Penthar Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:04 pm

((Ylva))
The Lumerian spell snapped her out of her sleep. She opened her eyes, barely moving as she felt Cylan's prescence in their midst, and heard her words to the master of Obsidian. She lay there as the Surdan walked by and picked up the Umbri before calling on the gatekeeper to unlock the portals in the shadows. She lifted her head when he left, and stood shakily, looking around the small battlefield. She spotted the General lying in a protective shadow, and moved towards it. The smell of burnt flesh filled her nostrils as she moved toward her master, hidden in a shadow.
Ylva entered the shadow, and went down on all fours as she sniffed and nuzzled Penthar, bringing him back to the world around them from the semi-conscious state induced by his injuries.....

((Penthar))
He felt for his companion as she licked his wounds, her Umbri power numbing the pain as he awoke.
He touched her forehead, whispering the words to return her to her wolf form, consolidating her dark energy so she
would quickly heal from the battle. As she regained her strength, the general sat up, and ripped his tunic into strips of cloth. Quickly, he wrapped the blackened and scabbed area of his face and head that his eyes and nose once occupied. He pulled up his hood, hiding the burned scalp and mummified wrappings around his head.
The mummy now stood carefully, and reached down to Ylva and grabbed her mane. "Take me back to camp my pet" whispered the powerless Surdan as he followed his companion into the shadows, entering the portal opened by Ylva and emerging on the outskirts of camp.

(( I am done for this chapter here. Anything else this S.O.B. does next will be at the Sudao camp. F.Y.I. Penthar did not recover his one sword, if any other Sudao warriors would care to recover it, it is up to them...))

Last edited by on Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Penthar
Penthar

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by daccat Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:21 am

“You’re hardly staying upright.” His hand tightened on Histlan’s as she swayed where she stood with wavering strength. “You won’t be much help to anyone with that injury. Not for a while.” Ivaylo shifted his grip on her hand and crouched slightly, although it was almost unnecessary as she was only a few inches shorter than he was. He pulled her one arm across his shoulder and neck, holding it there with his hand while the other went to her side opposite him; the stance would keep Histlan walking upright and supported until she could be left in better care. He felt her tense up as he did so but didn’t loosen his grip. “If I let you walk on your own, you won’t get very far.”

They made their way across the field in a slow, unsteady pace and he turned observant eyes towards many of their comrades beginning to do the same. Some helped others walk as he did, and others were being carried towards the nearest regrouping of the surviving soldiers. Even while he looked Ivaylo couldn’t see anyone he recognized, wondering if it was a good or a bad sign that they weren’t among the injured being carried to safety. He slowed at times for the young woman to regain her footing in the slushy, discolored snow as her legs weren’t carrying her full weight; that in addition to her disoriented state made for slightly awkward walking, but they managed somehow to cross the field to near the carriages where healers would most likely be.

“She’s been struck on the head.” He spoke quickly to the nearest medic, taking note of how Histlan’s awareness had seemed to fluctuate between a daze and full consciousness the entire time. Although relieved the woman was now in proper care the feeling lasted only a moment, driven away by the thought of the task ahead; to search through the scattered bodies for more survivors. Ivaylo glanced across his shoulder only briefly to Histlan before turning back out towards the field.

((Hope that works for you Nick, hun. Razz It’s nearing 2:30 a.m. and I’m pooped. See y’all later~))
daccat
daccat

Female
Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlyght Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:57 pm

As one of the women that had been in their small group just hours ago was led up to the carriages, Starlyght turned and assisted in carrying her to a carriage to sit on. "There you go...." She looked up to the man that had assisted her this far, "Thank you, I'll see what I can do now...." Star hadn't had enough training in healing to be doing all of this now, but she had no choice. There were too few healers in the party and those who did have healing powers had been fighting alongside the rest, some were dead, some just injured.... Star came into a crouching position in front of the injured woman, her staff leaning against the carriage wall. Her brow furrowed as she surveyed the damage.

Some broken skin and blood was of less concern to Star than the possibility of minute bones in her face being broken and not healing correctly. "Though it may seem obvious, where exactly do you feel pain and what does it feel like." Star's hand raised to the already swelling blunt wound, and she attempted to gather light energy to detect the abnormal injuries, but it was difficult for one of neutral blood. Why couldn't there be a better healer?
Starlyght
Starlyght

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-12-09

https://darkwars.forumotion.net/the-alliance-f3/frozen-starlyght-

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:38 am

((Hurst))

Though meeting his opponent’s threat with a silent, angry glare, Hurst clearly heard his own voice squeaking in his head. His magic? Where? MY arm??? WHAT???? He felt his insides churn, and an urge to run screaming for the Vorei General, or a powerful healer… anyone who would ‘fix’ the wound… whatever the problem may be, gods know what kind of magic that demon used.

Hurst’s vivid imagination spun an array of gory examples and images of what the demon might have meant about ‘his’ magic… an eye… or an entire head growing out of his wound… his arm falling off… an eternal stench… or worse… Hurst always had a fear of little furry sparkly-eyed gremlins, and could just see it all now, as an entire nest of puffy furry balls festered from his wound to climb up his neck and lick at his earlobes, all the while squeaking and chirping… meep meeep meeeep… OH DEAR GODS THE HORROR! He shuddered, his hand grabbing at his arm the short distance below the wound, and readied for another attack, but the stranger turned away and returned from where he came. Hurst waited a few moments before hesitating, then walked off in search of a healer… the battle, he had then noticed, came to an end.

((Nemes))
The Alati glided down soundlessly, the winged ethereal creatures glowed bright with hues of gold and ivory, they were shaped much like men except for their longer, slender limbs and the long wings resembling those of a dragon fly’s. Their bodies appeared transparent as the glow shifted and throbbed as light was the very essence that filled their veins, it was hard put to spot distinctive features such as the facial characteristics or the type of armor or clothing they wore for they were more light than anything else.

They hovered over the chaos… now the battle had come to a near silence as soldiers of either side were suddenly aware of the new presence in the sky. The Alati remained still for a moment, inspecting their surroundings, before finally folding their wings and diving like hawks towards prey… Only the colors and the mark of the Yeidin would protect an allied Umbrovians now as the Alati attacked anything of the shadows that did not bare the colors of their allies.

The Alati’s attacks did not last long, for most of the enemy had smartly retreated before they had arrived. Nemes watched from his high perch atop the carriage with a grim expression as the winged creatures dived and swooped between the soldiers, effortlessly striking down the Umbrovians who would bravely fight back, but without a chance. To Nemes, the battlefield was now eerily silent with the presence of the Alati, as if they muted out all sound.

It was not long before the field was free of their enemies, the alati remained a little longer, hovering about the camp, not attempting in the least to speak nor interact with the people they were not protecting. The yeidin army started to collect their injured comrades, medics using their knowledge and healers used their magic to help the I injured. It was only when it had become obvious that the enemies would not return for a second wave of attacks did the alati return to their world, leaving their allies once again in darkness.

((Soraya))

Soraya was relieved to find that none of her men were hurt; Veldrin, Kath and his men were all there, and now so were this stranger’s men as the anonymous Sudao soldiers retreated into the woods to where were. Hivaro took hold of the situation, immediately seeking out the man second in command to Kovak, addressing him and the rest of the soldiers to follow them for they would return to their camp and provide their leader with the healing that he needed… that is unless if these Sudao had their own base they preferred to return to… who ever they were and under who they served did not matter now as introductions would have to wait for now they needed to leave the Lumerian territory before the Alati would find them.

Hivaro craved to remain behind and collect a few Alti skulls… but he knew better; they were a small number, and the Alati had a door to their world where more and more reinforcements would come through. This fight would not be a fair one…

Soraya instructed her men to take care of fallen Sudao leader, and that they were all to return to base, lead by Veldrin. As they hurriedly began their journey through the shadows, Soraya turned to Kath. “I don’t feel the General’s presence, Captain…” she said, fearing the worst. “Lets search the woods where we left him last!”

Soraya’s hart sank as she and Kath arrived at the small clearing where she had last seen the General… signs of a gruesome struggle were everywhere, and no sign of the General. Soraya fished out the Kopiesk, holding up to her face as she scanned her surroundings for the dark glow of a Surdan on the glass… but the General was not there. She looked up at Kath, now worried. “He’s not here, Captain! Do you… do you think he’s returned to camp?” She asked, through doubted it; the General was always last to walk away from a battle… unless if something was terribly wrong…
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2007-11-22

https://darkwars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Xazz Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:06 pm

((l just scanned through this entire thing. Lemmie know if I mess up.))

[Kid]

Kid muttered in her sleep nothing in particular, trying her best to ignore the annoying buzzing in her mind as Violin tried to talk to her. But she was sleeping, closing herself off to the spirit, she didn't want to be bothered. She didn't fear attack as her little shadow puppets stood like black statues around her in a loose semi circle. Her dark cloak, though contrasted harshly with the frozen ground around her was warm keeping out the bite of the cold. She felt Violin finally slacking on her assault to communicate with her and she almost fell asleep.

'Arra, Arra, wake up... Arra.... Arra, WAKE UP!!' the spirit suddenly shrieked through her mind. Though she outwardly cringed at the sudden explosion of brain activity she was more angry then anything else. It was dark out, and getting late, she just wanted to sleep.

'shut it, I'm sleeping,' the girl thought angrily.

'Please get up,' the spirit asked nicely now. They didn't sound so overly needing to get Kid's attention as they had a moment ago as they had it now.

"Why?" she muttered, but she couldn't help it, she was waking up. "Its dark out, why can't I sleep?"

'Please just get up,' said Violin.

With a sigh the girl sat up dusting off the snow from her coat and dispelling the shadow puppets. "Alright, since you asked nice," she said and stood a bit groggily. "What was it?"

'I felt Umbrovian auras,' they said.

"Where?" Kid asked suddenly on alert. Had she been sleeping during an attack? Damn her!

'I can't pinpoint it, they are far away, but there was definetly some clashing,' the spirit said simply.

Kid's shoulder's slumped, "You woke me up for that?" she asked with a sigh.

'I thought it was important. I can feel other Umbrovia too, they were fighting each other.'

"Probably just another battle in the war," Kid said and sat back down. She really didn't care for either side, she just wanted to see the Auran; whoever they were. Of course heading towards the Roshaan Monaar was a pretty good bet to getting to see the Auran, or so she'd heard. After all it was the place of Light. Though she sometimes wondered if she could even go there, tainted as she was by darkness from Violin, not that she'd ever blame the poor spirit for it.

She'd think about that later. "I can only guess they're heading south once they get done licking their wounds," Kid said with a yawn pulling her cloak about her. "Wake me up only if you think something is close to us," she stated and curled back up in the snow spawning six shadow puppets as she did to stand watch over her once more.

((edited because I can't read 8( ))

Last edited by on Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Xazz

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-01-18

http://ericanii.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:40 pm

She wanted to rebut his point, not wanting to accept she could be of no help. Agitated that she'd gotten hurt in the first part, the battle was at its end and she could very well of been one of the last dozen to get injured, she shouldn't have allowed any distraction, even with the dark pain. Her slower state left her without a word spoken as Ivaylo took charge of the situation and Histlan's whole body tensed up as he took a half hold of her. She frowned about being touched, it'd been a generally unpleasant experience for a long time now...

His grip had not faltered though even with the habitual resistence, he wascertain he wished to aid her off the field and well... perhaps she wouldn't get as far as she'd hoped. Though she didn't loosen up very much, she did lean her weight against him a bit more and turned her hand on his far shoulder, holding it supportively. The walk was a bit awkward, and she tried to keep her head held up, but every now and then she caught it slipping down, and when her feet seemed to land awkwardly and he needed to compensate for it, she felt somehow guilty inside. "Hn..." She sounded off and raised her chin slightly more, turning her head toward him a bit, "We'll have to sit down and have a good conversation sometime." She said idly off-topic, a small grin on her lips, but she quickly found that curving them sent more pain spiralling around her face.

She raised her chin again as they approached the carriages and she heard Ivaylo address someone. She realised it was Starlyght after too long of thinking over what she sensed. She was feeling like a burden passed around as the other woman began helping her as well. She changed her hold to the carriage though, and paid attention to her cognitive sense of Ivaylo as it faded off back towards the field. ... Where she wanted to be helping.

Her attention went back to Star as she belatedly realised the woman was right in from of her, crouching there to help no doubt, but it startled her slightly anyhow once she'd realised. "The whole side of my face is throbbing, and there's sharper pains. Please don't worry about me, there are oth-" Histlan tensed up again as her senses bipolarly jumped to the new intrusion of the Alati, and the darkness in her coiled up even tighter. She felt extremely uncomfortable, and a silent panic twisted inside her. She hid it well considering its extreme nature, but the unsettled anxiety was clear upon her features and in her body language as the Alati roamed around, taking their enemies.

Her mind was having difficulty concentrating one more than one thing at a time and her whole body flinched in surprise as Star touched her, and her wound, no less. Her hand came up and rested a top Starlyght's hand with a light pressure, requesting her to lower it. "No lumerian magic right now." She said and tried to bring her attention back to the other woman but it was hard to stay focus. "It's blunt head trauma, I'm sure. The cut just from the surface of the weapon and the nature of any head wound is too bleed more than it seems necessary for severity." She raised her chin... though it made her feel more light-headed. "If there is perhaps some gauze I could cover it with and apply pressure, then we can help the many others." She asked in a less requesting manner, hoping that the strong facade would get her somewhere.
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 14 Empty Kath

Post by Kath Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:41 pm

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 14 Kathicon

Kath followed along with Soraya in her desperate attempt to locate the General. The Captain however had had a trying day already, but did not want to let the woman out of his sight as losing her on a battlefield with many people he knew would probably attempt to kidnap, ransom, rape, toture, maim, and the like. He would protect her well, he knew should something happen.

Her inquiry brought his mind to the forefront once again. The General... "Ma'am, his portals always place him in the most unpredictable of places for those of us not so familiar with him. My best guess is that he's already sipping some tea at our camp, waiting for our return. I'm more concerned about his reported opponent, Baran. Did he kill the man? Did he capture him? I too have some strange reports to make once we return, but we are in danger of being caught if we stay here a moment longer. Please, let us return, Soraya."

Her name rolled off his tongue before he realized that he forgot to use her title. His face shimmered scarlet for a moment, even as it was sweat streaked from the heat and smoke that even now lingered in the air around their battlegrounds. Kath prayed silently that she had no noticed his lapse in discipline, so many times had he daydreamed... Grevor's ice would definitely come in handy later to lessen the heat from his face when they finally got back to camp. He prepared to follow her lead.
Kath
Kath

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kovak Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:04 pm

Kovak's second, a middle-aged man with thick, heavy brows and a closely trimmed beard, received the orders in a brusque fashion. Once relieved of his superiors presence, he headed back to the remaining force to spread the word, inwardly suspicious- and angry.

Not only was his unit given absolutely no time to tend their own wounds, other than the time it took for him to receive their new orders (from a stranger), but the call to move was given without the request for any directives within their visibly specialized force.

He convened the captains and broke the news. It didn't go well. "Who are they, and what were they doing here, without any communications?" hazarded one man, his strong jaw set in a thoughtful frown.

Reluctant to relieve the nature of the commanders - knowing that doing so would only rouse more suspicion and mistrust - the Second only rubbed his jaw, scowling, acknowledging superior rank by far. The men grumbled, but id as they were told, as expected. This was the military. This was war. Orders were life.

The Second swung onto his own horse gingerly, himself nursing more wounds than he cared to, and watched their column form up behind him. When the last man in the rear guard raised his standard, the pace was set.

He gave brief thought to their commanding officer, wondering gloomily if he would die in the hands of the strangers- as some of their own would no doubt bleed out on the ride to the southern encampment.

Kovak

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlyght Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:55 pm

Starlyght halted slightly as the woman reacted, before realizing that she had surprised her, and that the Alati had surprised her as well. For being blind, this woman could see quite well... Nevermind that, Star thought, she was about to refocus her energy when the woman asked her to stop. A quizzical expression crossed her brow momentarily, but she brusquely removed her hand, nodding, though reminding herself that the woman couldn't see. "That's good news, I'm not very good with light anyway, it's unnatural...." Though that statement probably required a bit more explanation than that, Star disregarded it, figuring the woman who didn't want to be healed with light would understand not being completely comfortable using it. Star stood from her crouched position and ducked her head into the carriage.

"Leyla, dear, or Origin, are there any medical supplies in here for those that want to heal the old fashion way?"
Starlyght
Starlyght

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:24 am

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 14 Newsce10

OK guys, pushing it forward a bit, lets say a couple of hours past the battle, Alati are gone, and so are the Sudao. The Yeidin now healing their injured and trying to get back into order.

All Sudao members: We’re back at the Sudao camp now, so board jump again, we're back on the Sudao RP Board Wink

((Sorry, my post will be speedy and dry, as I have only a few minutes to type up something!))
((Nemes & Odei))

Nemes surveyed the ugly, chaotic aftermath of battle, now slowly fading back into ordered calm and silence; the captains and officers who were still alive giving orders and aiding their soldiers with the tasks at hand. The healers did wonders with their magic; fully healing fatal wounds and bringing back men who were on the brink of death, yet still they had lost quite a few lives, 28 dead men… it might not seem like a large number, but this was a regiment with hardly 100 men. They could not afford such a loss. Nemes contemplated returning to Ahila and to recruit more men… but decided against it; Ahila was about five days away, but the small settlement of Ruhmora was only a journey of two days. He would find more men there.

In the mean time he knew that this battle would awaken these men; they would understand now that even if they were no longer part of the militia that fought on Umbrovian territories that there was still danger when you least expected it. They would certainly be more vigilant now, if not for the sake of the families they protected, they certainly would fear for their own lives.

Nemes spotted Odei, looking shaken and pallid, walking with a slight limp that he clearly did his best to hide, his armor and clothing stained with blood, but Nemes could not tell if it was his own, or the enemy’s. He walked up to the Surdan. “Most of the officers and captains are dead, Odei. You, and two other captains are still standing, as for the officers…” His voice trailed off before meeting the silver eyes again. “Choose new ones. We will also need another captain or two.” He fell silent again, studying the apparent cuts and Odei’s posture, the man was silent, as usual, but appeared as if he would drop any second. “Are you well, do you need rest?”

“I’ll find some men before they all are free to rest, and instruct them. The camp is already guarded, we have men at every side watching, and Umbrovians sealing off the shadows.” Odei paused a moment. “There was no need to call the Alati. They struck down two of our own men.” Nemes did not know that they had lost allies to the Sentinels, but he did not doubt it could happen. “I am sorry to hear that… but I guarantee you that it could have been nothing more than a mistake. This fight is not between Umbrovian and Lumerians… it’s against those who wish to take the Auran, and break the balance between us.” Nemes met Odei’s cold glare without remorse or flinching. Odei’s mind laughed bitterly; Nemes does not care, he thought, if he had a choice the Alati would have killed all the Umbrovians here tonight. Allies or not.

Without a word Odei turned away to continue with helping the injured and instructing men on clearing debris. He did not have the strength to argue, his ailing body begging for rest; damn that Surdan General gave him a good beating.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 237

https://darkwars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:59 pm

[[sorry I've been gone, i'm supposing Starlyght was let in to see Leyla, then she went back to battlin?]]

Origin woke with Leyla curled up tightly in her arms. The sweet child would sleep for much longer if she had anyhting to do with it. All of that stress must have tired her out.

She worried though about Vasquiri. He hadn't been back to ccamp as far as she could see through the windows, or the fact that he hadn't been lurking about. Using another blanket she wrapped the child up from the cold and slipped into her boots. Perhaps they were injured. In carnage such as that she heard outside, lying injured in the snow was good for no one.
Erin
Erin

Female
Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlyght Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:06 pm

Starlyght had made sure that Origin and Leyla were secure and comfortable before starting out among the large number of injured in order to attempt some form of organization. Those who were most severe she sent to the nearest skilled healer, while those with only minor cuts she healed herself, in order to keep the infections of the battlefield from claiming more victims. Though many of those around her grew weary from the continued work after the battle, Star simply accepted the energy offered by the cold air and muddied ground. This strategy would not last forever, since the nymph was still a mortal creature, but it would lengthen her strength until a time when she could rest. That would be a time when there were no more near death medical situations around her.

Thankfully, many of those now seeming to be injured were simply exhausted physically and emotionally. Star drew water from the air for many to drink, it being purer than any of that which could be found around the camp at the moment. One of those Sudao troops had dreadfully ruined the water, which Starlyght could in theory fix, but the energy that it would require was not worth the temporary result, since she assumed they would be moving out of this depressing area as quickly as possible. Movement caught her eye as she carefully scanned the field in front of her. As she approached the reaching arm, she found another injured man, who, upon examination, was not actually terribly injured, just too exhausted to stand on his own. Bending to assist him, Star made the all too familiar trek to the medical carriage, having to stop every few moments to allow the man to rest.

Silver stood watchful in the carriage, not willing to relax until the smell of the bad men was gone, which wouldn't be a while unfortunately. In the meantime, he watched the actions of his master carefully from his perch, occasionally feeling he should assist, then remembering the icky condition of the ground, and his master's warning about the infested water. Instead he would continue his job of guarding the youngling, something he was quite proud of, since he had obviously scared all the bad men away from her during the fight.
Starlyght
Starlyght

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:30 pm

After having obtained gauze and thanking Starlyght briefly but truthfully for her aid and understanding when it came to meeting her requests with little questioning, Histlan had found herself a corner that was less in the midst of the chaos to firmly wrap her head, though it had taken her a few tries to do it at all successfully. The dark sash that had covered her eyes hung loosely around her neck, covered partially by the heavy fur lining of the hood she made sure to keep pulled up and over her features still, especially now that the sash hung uselessly. As much as she didn't like it, the material rubbed and pushed on the guaze here and there, but mostly it added even more uncomfortable pressure on to the swelling along the side of her cheek bone.

The sight, though she had seen no reflection of it yet was fairly close to what she imagined, the bruising a subtle variation between brown, green and purple spread over the one side of her face. She'd attempted to wipe the blood from its smeared spot on her features, and had succeeded partially, but it still lingered in dried patches, the fresher crimson being absorbed now by the woven cotton gauze. The corner of where her lips met was torn slightly as well from a blow she'd received earlier on amidst the fighting, but she only really noticed it when she opened her mouth wide enough, and that was little worry for the moment since her lips were tightly pressed into a frown. She'd found the staff of a broken spear, andhad been using it as her walking stick for the past couple hours, putting more of her weight on it for support then using it for seeing this time around, but it still served her for both.

Once she'd saw to herself, she took to helping in whatever way she could, much like her efforts after the battle outside Azrian, only things were not a well organized as they were then after the more formal and planned battle. She sat on her knees outside a small area where some of the healers were working their magic, and wrapped a man's arm which had received a fair number of scrapes and a cut, but his armour had otherwise protected him. He made no impression on her that he was anything more than a regular soldier, no magic to aid him, just his wits and skill, and Histlan wondered how many times he'd picked up his blade in battle before, but she did not ask. Instead she continued her work, one hand wrapping, the other moving gingerly over what she'd just done to ensure it was right before she tied the material so it would not come loose, and raised her chin just slightly to speak to him, "That should do for now, do your best to keep it clean."

He'd nodded and replied with an 'mm' sort of sound. Histlan then stood again, the light-headed feeling returning once more as though she had a temporary lapse in judgement about whether her legs were under her at all. She stuck the end of the staff into the ground and held it with both hands, a foot moving backward to steady herself more. She dismissed it once she felt like the ground below her was truly flat again and thought over briefly what next would be best to do first.

Last edited by on Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Nick
Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:00 am

Origin stepped cautiously out of the carriage and saw the all too familiar site of camp after a battle. She turned the child's head towards her shoulder, so that the first thing se saw when she awoke was not a man lying several feet away from his own arms.

She walked out among the groaning uncomfortable soldiers, holding Leyla with one arm while doling out small bits of willowbark and foxroot to stave off the pain, kneeling to re-tie a bandage here and there, while the medics ran around at their wits end. She stoked fires and handed out the small bits of untainted water that were available, all the while searching for a dark face wrapped in red-painted vines.
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlyght Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:44 am

Silver whined slightly as the older lady that was not his master took the youngling with her as she helped. He wished to obey his master and stay with the youngling, but she had also warned against walking in the infected mud, since his face would be too close to the sickly water. His whining caught Star's attention, as she was only a few feet away at that moment. With a slightly smile, the pale woman picked him up from the carriage's edge, which he had been straining against, and perched him on her shoulders. The armor covering her shoulders extended the surface that the fox could cling to, and by wrapping his two tails around her neck, he was able to stay on fairly well without assistance, even as Star bent to assist soldiers.

She had conjured water for a fair number of people now, and the word had spread that she was able to gather clean water readily, so she was now being called over to healer's stations to provide water for those who had none. It was not a glamorous job, but it was what she was best at, that and cooling the feverish.... Thankfully there weren't too many ill.... yet.
Starlyght
Starlyght

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:29 pm

[[Long post, inserting a new set of characters up for grabs and such]]
Vasquiri lay a few inches away from his brother on the snowy battlefield. His brother was wholly unconcious, and both of their bare feet were covered in the snow that had fallen since the battle ended. He shivered involuntarily, feeling what was left of his energy being used up wit hthe instinctive quivering of his muscles.

The tainted water lay pooled around them, the residual magic was enough to stave it off, but as soon as hypothermia inevitably set in, they were doomed.

Vasquiri lay staring at the peaceful sky, as the snow fell swirling down upon them both. His resolve was fading fast, giving way to the insistent call of instict. There was only one way they could survive. He'd be a fool to call upon it. It would probably spell death for them both.

Vasquiri dug his claws into the earth beneath the tainted ice and snow. Their life spelled death for them at their birth. He sucked breath through his teeth as he felt the burning of the tainted water around his fingers. He would delay it for as long as he could. He would die fighting, not some invalid in a pool of blood and tainted snow.

He gathered up what little stregth that was left him to mumble. His words were no louder than the whispers of old men on their death beds, they could not be heard a hand's breadth from his mouth.

An inpenetrable silence smothered the forest, so absolute that the whispers carried for miles in the absolute void.

"Lady of the Moon I am your humble servant. Lady of Healing I beseech you. Your husband, Death, has us in his palms. We wish to stay in your world MyLady. Have mercy upon our wretched souls. Remove us from his hands..."

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 14 967340
She felt as though she'd beein pierced through the ears with a flaming arrow. Origin dropped to her knees, stunned for a moment. Was her skull splitting? She swallowed a scream of pain. This was nothing shed ever experienced before. Not even her master had caused such a pain. She could not understand this feeling. It was not a burning or a throbbing or a piercing or a buzzing, but soemthing much much worse. All she could think of was that her very being was being ripped apart.

She ran to Starlyght, who was not far away after having gone to retrieve Silver and thrust the sleeping bundle into the woman's unsuspecting arms.

This had to be that demon, she thought bitterly. He always liked to reopen old wounds whenever she grew too attached to something. She'd learned that not too long ago.

Another flaming arrow went through her shoulders. Every cell in her body was alive and protesting violently. Her body shuddered as she stepped away from Starlyght. What was going on? She had to get somewhere.

She was not in control of the body that calmly left the camp. Inside she was screaming, writhing, confused and scared of what was happening. For one thing, she was concious. The demon was not nearly that cruel.

She looked at her hands, which felt as though the skin was peeling off inch by inch. the scars of long ago were resurfacing, not fresh wounds, as was
the demon's style.

A tiny hole was scoring itself in her belly, widening and opening a bloody void near her navel. This was not her demon doing this!

"Lady of Healing come to us. Save us. We are your humble servants. Lend us your blessing. Lady of Healing..."

Who was that calling her? That was not her name. Her name was-

"Nalu, jaoli nabba nien tla kiela nwari malahek."

Vasquiri! he was the one calling her. Was he the one causing this pain? His tattoos were glowing metallic red, so bright she felt blinded even behind her fold.

He saw her in the corner of his eye and reached out his hands weakly, his mouth curved into a smile.

"My lady has come. We shall suffer no more."

Origin felt a skull crushing pain and fell into darkness. She could hear his words, swimming around in her head, fading away into the void she was resting in.

"We shall suffer no more... Nalu, We shall suffer no more."

The body that was left began convulsing, shaking on the ground and kicking up a spray of dirt, snow, and fresh blood. The tearing began, starting at the head, the scalp ripping in half along the back, the skull exploding in a spray of blood, the fault line driving down her body, cracking her spine like a crab shell, The very bones within her body began to crumble into dust and marrow.

The body did not scream, or let out an utterance of pain, even as limbs were torn from sockets of their own volition, organs twisted and sprouted lacerations, infections and fell prey to a sickening consumption within it.

The feet of the body began to char, the hair attached to the scalp fell away and dissapeared. The skin that was still intact, what little was there, began to wrinkle and pinch, to become sallow and thin. The little fat that was on her lean body dissapeared, her intact muscles faded away.

An emaciated lump, mauled beyond recognition lay still beneath a wrap of clothes. Vasquiri continued his chant. It had been hard to watch the body go through such a terrible transformation, but the little child would suffer no more.

The body began to convulse once more, lurching into an arch upon the ground as the finest of white feathers emerged from the split in her spine.

The feathers began to grow, emerging from the body, transforming into white wings of such glory none had ever seen on this wretched planet. The wings stretched for what seemed like forever.

In a flurry of movement, the body stood up, an empty, grotesque puppet attached to wings of untold beauty. Wretched hands grabbed the chest area and pulled forward, peeling the twisted body away from another, something tall and dark and beautiful emerged from the split in the spine. Origin was awake.

Vasquiri struggled to sit up in her presence, but a glare from the pure eyes of the Lunalisett sent him back to his resting position.

"You have summoned me at the cost of an innocent," she said, in her soft, melodious voice, "You will suffer eternally for it."

"My lady I-"

"Silence. You have summoned me."

The noble raised her fingers and held them over the two bodies. A white metallic liquid beaded beneath her nails and fell into their partially open mouths, four each. Olorafien moved ever so slightly, his lashes fluttering over his eyes. Vasquiri too showed signs of immediate healing, his slack, sallow body began to fill back up from its limp position. He could feel the strength returning to his body, the pain fading away.

Nalu pulled her hands back and waved them slowly above the ground. The taint in the ground congealed and rose up from the water and snow, leaving it pure, with the little dark bulb of sickness growing and attracting more of itself, purifying the area.

She left it to itself as she looked down at her naked body.

"You both will have to answer for this as well. If I have graced your eyes, they shall burn in your sockets," she warned, carefully pulling the tunic from the body's twisted remains and yanking it over her head. She wrinkled her nose, a fresh one still unused to the smell of mortals.

Vasquiri was imediately glad he had not yet glanced upon her after transformation, he enjoyed having his eyes. To his side he heard a soft chuckle.

"You still haven't learned, have you Little Brother," Olorafien sat up and leaned an elbow over his knee, "She's all growl and no claw."

Olorafien recieved a thankful heel to the face from the noble female, "What you have done has put everyone here in grave danger, more so than what already exsists, and you dare laugh?"

Olorafien's face was unrepentant, "You see Vasquiri, she wouldn't even break my nose."

Vasquiri lifted his eyes cautiously. The Nalu was not wearing any viels or blinds or... shoes for that matter. In Ja'Brea to look upon her in this state would mean a painful death.

She was braiding her thick white hair neatly, the blindfold from the body covering her eyes. With a flourish, her wings folded and disappeared.

"What shall be done about the body My Lady?" Olorafien caleld from his splayed position.

"For one who has suffered so much..." Nalu hovered her fingers over the body, dripping four droplets onto the skin. The body began to mend, as much as was possible, she could do nothing for the rips and scars caused by her husband, the old doddering 'master' that tortured the body past death several times, "She will be properly sent off, and you will take care of it. Understood? You will not let the child see any of this. It will break her."

"Yes My Lady," the twins muttered, lifting their completely healthy bodies from the ground and going to the body.

Vasquiri looked up to see what The Nalu was going to do next, but there was only an empty spot where she had once stood, and no foot prints to prove he was not dreaming.

[[Alright, so in order to keep stuff straight, The new one will be called 'Nalu, which is an expression for loved one. You folks can just call her Origin, or you can say Nalu, she'll probably slap ya though. The dead part was actually named Jinaoli, just so ya know. Since most everyone's chars doesn't believe in the gods of Elisett, i'll refer to her as a noblewoman/warrior/ubermage, but Vasquiri and Olorafien see her as a goddess. She doesn't have ubergod unbeatable char powers, if she did she wouldn't be running from the hubby. so, no worries. More on this later, im pooped DX]]
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlyght Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:42 am

Star could only get out a fraction of a word to Origin before the woman threw Leyla's sleeping form into her arms. She accepted numbly, worried once more for the woman's health and well-being. She seemed to have a lot on her plate. No matter, with Leyla in her arms, Star couldn't bring herself to continue among the injured and dying, if the child woke it would be too scarring of a sight. Instead, Star turned her face towards Silver's warm coat and retraced the short distance back to their carriage. Once there, Star lifted her leg in order to perch in the opening, and laid the small child back into her coverings. Silver hopped down from his place on her shoulders and curled inside the curve that the small girls' body rested in. It was warmer there, and quite nice. Star could only smile, knowing that Leyla would wake to a furry, silver body, instead of the grotesque scene of blood and limbs. She wouldn't leave the girl, however, so she simply stayed in the carriage's opening, occasionally being approached for water or assistance.
Starlyght
Starlyght

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:46 pm

Sachieal sat with his back to a great tree. The winter months had stripped it bare, but the demon found it beautiful. He rested his head back against it's gnarled bark and let out a low growl. After the battle, Sachieal found nothing of the twin fiends that he wished to speak to. His mind raced back and forth. Are they good, or evil? Is there one, or two?

Sachieal sighed and closed his eyes. His frustration would not be permitable around the dead and wounded. He lost sight of Vanity during the battle, as well as Calcifer. This worried him, but he let out a chuckle. Well, might as well find their bodies.

Sachieal stood up from his lonesome tree and made his way back to the killing fields. If they were dead, he was going to find them.

TaiKitsune

Male
Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:14 pm

Olorafien held the bundled body in his arms as he walked cautiously through the forest, his face a blank mask. Vasquiri was elsewhere, searching for a place of four where they could hold the ceremony. He'd been gone for a good while, scouring this wretched land. It was an unholy place to be sure, no signs of four to be found, which was perhaps why the goddess had run off so quickly. The place probably disgusted her.

He cocked his head as he heard a rustling in the trees. Without hesitation he hung the small body over his shoulder and drew one sword.
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:19 pm

Sachieal passed through the trees with little haste. He had no wish to do much of anything at the moment, let alone find his fallen commrades. He passed more dead trees, and as he dodged foliage, he began to lose focus in the groves of trees. He continued to walk aimlessly, however, untill he sensed beings up ahead.

Sachieal walked around a large tree, and came face to face with the two demons from before. Sachieal saw the blade and the bundle and immediately sensed something foul. He drew his blades of ice, dropped to a crouch, and let out a feral snarl.

"You two. Answers. Now." He roared.

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistress-Inu Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:38 pm

A small, disgruntled groan emitted somewhere from beneath a messy barricade of charred trees and brush, the tiniest sign that Vanity had managed to survive their enemy's sudden attack. However, she didn't escape without paying a price, as karma often loved to remind her.

One of her wings may have had a broken bone.

Vanity's petite form was snagged under two trees that had fallen in a crisscrossing manner. Pinned—or so she thought at the moment, as she could swear that there was the tiniest bit of space that was allowing her to breathe normally—under the X that they formed above her, the girl lay in an awkward position, the same as how she had landed after being "attacked" by the two logs. She lay on her back for the most part, save for her midsection and up; at first glance, one might think she were lying on her left side, but her body was twisted slightly so her right shoulder came several inches away from the ground. Part of the reason for this was due to her wings. The second she had seen the trees tilt over, the magic seal hiding her wings from all others' views shattered, and the two large, white, feathery appendages spread swiftly behind her, thus "shielding" her from being crushed by the falling trees.

This may have been a mistake, she soon realized, as Vanity had heard a faint cracking noise when she hit the ground under the trees' weights. Now as she lay just an inch or so away from being compressed into the ground, a small but highly annoying pain was throbbing lightly in the "arm" of her right wing, like a pinprick of stinging warmth. Well, that's what she got for not simply leaping away. That might have turned out better, now that she thought it over.

I just now had to think it over? Vanity grimaced a bit. Then again, she had been trying to ward off a soldier from the enemy's side...—Wait, where was he?!

"Damn it," Vanity hissed between her teeth, searching around the area with what limited vision she was allowed from where the trees held her down. Luckily it didn't take long to find her attacker. He was just a few yards off, motionless under another nearby tree and drowned in thick crimson. Vanity froze up at the sight: He was just a young thing... He doesn't seem any older than me, in mortal years... How old was that? she inquired herself, but she let the answer slip away.

Vanity sighed softly, her head slowly coming to rest on the ground—then her body gave a jerking twitch, a loud yelp of agony escaping her throat. Gritting her teeth and wrenching her eyes shut, she waited in trembling anticipation for the pain in her wing to fade; Lord, there just had to be bones in her wings. Couldn't be magic, like all the others... Brilliancy can only come so far, I suppose.

Vanity groaned lightly to herself, her form still shaking slightly from the immense wave of molten pain that had just overcome her. So much for becoming perfect... She'd probably get herself killed before she ever got a hand close to Sachieal.

Mistress-Inu

Female
Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:42 pm

Vasquiri dismounted from the tree and took the body gingerly in his arms.

"You know this fool Brother? He draws his swords though we wear the same colours."

Olorafien growled in assent, drawing Xull'ayne from her sheath and brandishing it, "We met, once. He speared the Nalu in her side," He gestured with Nil'lyn,"causing the body to limp."

Vasquiri pulled back a cover of the cloak that covered the body's hip. A large ugly gash decorated the arleady misshapen lump, "So this is where that came from." he mumbled, "I thought it was from his Lordship."

Vasquiri carefully lay the body down in the shade of a tree with four branches and drew Rhyl'fien and Zilv'rak , their fresh blades shining in the sunlight, "You will suffer eternally for this."

Chapter Two: The Auran. - Page 14 967340
The Nalu could feel the pain of a living wounded not far off. The boys could care for themselves, whoever this was was in pain and possible danger.

with an unnaturally light step, one that did not leave tracks in the fresh snow, she walked briskly towards the feeling of pain. She had to snuff it out before it drove her completely mad. It was hard to pinpoint, especially with the moaning cries of an entire camp to the east of her. But those were in good hands, this one was alone.

She came upon the site of two fallen trees, crossed atop something with large white wings such as her own. She walked lightly atop the branches and peered into the little opening made by interlacing twigs. A very pretty face , eyes closed in pain was down there, shadowed by the black dead leaves and charred branches.

She breathed a gust of wind down into the opening. It would numb the pain for a little while, at least until she could figure out how to free and heal the female(or male, flying pretty beings were hard to distinguish). The body looked alright, but her wings were smashed beneath the trees. the Nalu herself was not made for lifting heavy objects. Her strength was in healing, she was helpless without Jhul'dyn and Imyrr, both of which were under lock and key somwhere in Ja Brea.

"Pretty," she said in the awkward ,painful, language of the upperworld, "Pretty birdwoman are you alright?"

[[yup, she's talking to Vanity. If anyone was afraid of a god character, there it is it's on the table, Nalu/Origin can't do much strength or fighting without Jhul'dyn (her bow 'Charmed wings') and Imyrr (her white tiger 'devoted protector') . She's a healer, and she can ask favors from the wind, but not command it. so we have a predickle. how to get ol' Vanity out.]]
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:49 pm

Sachieal roared with feral rage and trembled more with each insult thrown forth by the twins. Responses to their thinly veiled lies, or rather, omissions of key information, didn't strike him as a good idea at the moment. His instinct told him to tear at the twins, but he exhaled sharply and calmed himself a bit.

Sachieal slowly pulled his thin shirt off and motioned to the bright red puncture wounds in his shoulder. Sachieal spat back in a mocking tone, "He drew fangs though we wear the same colors." He snarled again. "One of you fiends and I have unfinished business, I was hoping to get through being here without any disfigurements."

Sachieal sighed and lowered his blades, violence would get him nowhere, not with two of them here. He may have god's blessing, but two demons would be too much for him, either way. "I apologize, my fury overtakes me sometimes." He withdrew his blades. The ice melted and, in mid-air, evaporated.

"I ask of you...two....answers. My name is Sachieal. I fought one of you not long ago..." An unintentional snarl erupted from Sachieal's lips again. "One of you was harming Origin, that much I know. Who are you, what do you want with the girl." Sachieal took a cautious step forward. "And whos side are you on?"

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistress-Inu Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:51 pm

I need to get out... hide my wings... Nobody can know what I am, not anyone here. Vanity's brows furrowed in frustration and at the slight throbbing that was taunting her within her wing. The fact that it hurt only made her realize more and more with each passing second that her wings were revealed, but she couldn't risk sealing them into hiding again. Not when one of them was obviously injured. Even if it's just a small fracture... I shouldn't... Just the thought of sealing her wings with the pain one of them was in caused her to flinch in distaste.

Suddenly, yet all the same, slowly, the pain began to melt away, into a familiar numb sensation. Relief gradually sank into her figure and she felt her mind calm; a small sigh escaped her as said relief felt more evident, spreading through every fiber of her body as if feeling medicine being injected into her bloodstream.

Vanity might have fallen to sleep from the gentle wave of reprieve had she not heard a voice nearby—from somewhere above her, if she wasn't mistaken. Jerking her gaze upward, Vanity's eyes widened as she found another woman looking down upon her, and her heart skipped a beat: Damn it! Damn it all, my wings—and I can't seal them back yet! In spite of the horrifying realization, however, Vanity swallowed hard and managed to force out a polite, "I'm fine... Though, I think I may have fractured something... or broken... I'm not quite sure."

Mistress-Inu

Female
Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next