Dark Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 1: Battle of Azrian

+2
Erin
Admin
6 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Chapter 1: Battle of Azrian - Page 3 Empty Re: Chapter 1: Battle of Azrian

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:39 pm

"Name...name...name..."

Alysai looks blank for a moment, then shakes herself and sits up.

"Alysai. Alysai Brightengale. And please excuse my moments of non-comprehension...I've been having trouble remembering things lately."

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:41 pm

Sachieal looked up at the small girl who flung open his door. "I take it you're not the one delivering to ale." He sighed and gathered the few books, scrolls, inkwell, and loose parchment from the table he was sitting at.

"That won't be necessary, miss." He smiled a hearty smile and strode over to her. " I don't need sleep, take it, we'll just call it a gift to new friends. No charge." He slipped past her, stopping in the doorway. "Sleep well, madame', I do hope the demons that I counjured in here don't infect your dreams...."

Sachieal closed the door and made his way back down into the lobby, a satisfied grin on his face.

TaiKitsune

Male
Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:44 pm

calcifer smiled,she was proud of herself...she might be making friends
"its alright, my names calcifer...i dont think i have a second name...."she thought about this for awhile...and then smiled.
"so how are you?"
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:46 pm

Origin did not bother with his warning, and instead lay herself upon the bed and covered her head with a pillow.

She leftthe door open, in case there was an upheaval in the tavern, but she wasn't too worried. The soldiers could care for themselves.

She swiftly drifted into a light, dreamless sleep.
Erin
Erin

Female
Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:58 pm

Sachieal made his way to an overstuffed chair opposite the new girl and let himself relax. Hopefully Origin didn't place too much weight to his warnings. It'd been forever since he associated or conjured up his old minions, and he'd do no such thing in the presence of these people. No, he wished her to sleep well, and that she probably would.

He extended his hand, palm forward, and studied the back of his hand. He focused, and as if on command, a small, flickering flame burst forth and balanced itself on his finger. "Hey there, little buddy." He said to the tiny ember, "If only the night wasn't so dreary...." He sent new flames to each of his outstretched fingers.

Sachieal put his other hand forward now, and from each finger he congured up a small marble of ice, each the same dimensions as their bretheren flames. "Why hello to you too." He watched the little elements rotate from finger to finger, moving as if they had life of their own. "Enough of this." He closed his hands and the fire and ice dissapeared.

Most of the inn's patrons had retired for sleep, excluding a few drunkards (notably the one from before), and two girls having light conversation. Sachieal wouldn't find himself so lucky, and he laid his head back against the chair and closed his eyes, submersing himself in thought.

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:02 pm

Alysai takes another sip from her crystal before answering Calcifer.

"A good question. I cannot say. Mayhap fine, mayhap otherwise. Either way, there's something terrible afoot that I must stop, and I would hate to burden you with the knowledge of it."

"Yourself?"

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:02 pm

calcifer had watched the gentlman from the corner of her eye.after he was done with his flames and ice calcifer turned to him"sorry to be random but that was amazing"she smiled "would you like to join us?"she asked shyly looking from Alysai to the man
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:04 pm

calcifer turned to Alysai
"me...well..there isnt very much to say...i dont have family...and people in my village werent fond of me...so i left and now im here"she looked down at her bottle.then glanced back up at Alysai then back to the man.
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:04 pm

Sachieal raised an eyebrow at the girl who addressed her. "Well, madame', that's a mighty fine compliment, thank you." He smiled and sat down next to the two girls. "My name is Sachieal, fire and ice mage extrordinare." He appraised the two girls.

"And you ladies are?"

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:05 pm

Alysai frowns slightly. More introductions...

"Alysai Brightengale."

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:06 pm

calcifer smiled at sachieal
"my name is calcifer...i dont really have a special tittle.."she smiled slightly
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:11 pm

A chuckle escaped Sachieal as he was introduced to each of the girls. "Pleased to meet your aquaintance, Miss Brightengale and Miss Calcifer." He found Alysai's frown to be a little unnerving. "I can't help but notice, Miss Brightengale, but you seem displeased at my presence. I don't mean to intrude, oh no." He smiled his most angelic smile at the girl.

"No special title...." He turned the thought over in his head as it escaped his mouth. "Well, you two must be good at something." He relaxed a bit in his seat and looked between the two girls. "So what is it you two ladies are here for?"

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:20 pm

calcifer thought about what sachieal asked for a few seconds
"i dont have a reason....i just left my village..beacause i was tired of being hated...for no reason at all...and i want a purpose."she looked down..feeling childish for some reason...maybe it was the thought that Alysai and sachieal seemed to know what they wanted and what they were good at
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:28 pm

Sachieal studied Calcifer as she averted her gaze to the floor. "So it would seem that your purpose....is finding your purpose." His moment of illogic flew forth from his tongue. "Well, miss, I'm sure you'll find whatever it is you're looking for as the time passes."

He smiled and conjured a block of ice on the table, it was small and perfectly square. "Well, you took initiative and left for the better. I'd say you're doing a pretty good job for yourself as it is." He conjured a small flame from his finger again and began to run it in lines across the ice-block, paying no mind as chunks fell away and evaporated.

He continued to cut away at the block, and without looking at it asked Calcifer another question. "How about the magics? Do you know anything of them?"

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:33 pm

calcifer watched in awe at what sachieal was making
she looked up at him
"hmm..im not sure...is this magic?"
she opend her bottle and moved her hands in a upward motion lightly and watched as the water flowed peacfuly out and then spun it in circles.she smiled happily as she did this.
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:38 pm

Sachieal laughed and clapped his hands at the sight. "Yes! Madame', that is in fact magic! Glorious magic indeed. Albeit I doubt it very useful in combat...." He watched Calcifer's eyes light up at her own display. "Of course, I wouldn't peg you as one for direct combat."

He rekindled the flame on his finger and continued to carve the block of ice. "I think," he pondered the rest of his sentence for a moment "that you could shape the ice as I do. It is but water, after all."

He conjured another block of ice on the table and smiled at the girl, all the while making the final carvings of his own peice. "Give it a shot!"

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:43 pm

calcifer smiled at him"really? why thank you" she smiled delightfully
and then put her hands by the ice and slowly moved them around the ice.
"iv never fought anyone...the thought of injuring somone is scary...but..i guess if i had to i would."
she continued to move her hands until the ice was a very detailed dragon.
"i learned that anything thats water based i can work with...but only if its water based..."
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:50 pm

Sachieal watched the girl with great intent as she shaped the block of ice into an intricate dragon. "That's impressive, nonetheless. I bet in a storm such as this you'd be quite the match for even me." He made one final swipe of his finger against the block. What formed from his efforts was an intricate snowflake, perfectly spherical at it's points, but hollow, and thin at its branches.

He snapped his fingers, and in an instant the snowflake was covered in a dark-purple flame. "You see, miss, that is the flame of hell. Never let it touch your skin." Sachieal chuckled and put it out with his will alone.

"That ice will never melt, as long as you have the will to keep it frozen. Never lose that will, nor the dragon." He smiled up at the girl once again. He was coming to like the people here.

If only there wasn't a battle on the horizon.

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:55 pm

calcifer looked at the purple flame...it looked somhow beautiful
"flame of hell?"
she looked at the snowflake and then at the dragon and smiled
she put her hands over the dragon and consentrated for few seconds and then moved them and watched the dragon start to move slowly.
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:01 am

Sachiel's eyebrow raised in suprise, the girl had great control of her element, if she could will the dragon to move as he did his hellfire. "Yes, my dear, flame of hell." He chuckled and grabbed the snowflake, turning it slowly in his hand. "It's much too dreary a story for this occasion...." He turned and watched the dragon inch its way along. His eyes closed and for once, Sachieal felt content.

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:04 am

calcifer smiled and watched as the dragon slowly became more animated and life like."for about 3 years now my little creations have been my only friends..."she smiled"maybe someday you can tell me about the flame" she continued to smile as she looked up at sachiel and then at the dragon
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:08 am

Sachieal kept his eyes closed. "Yes, maybe some other time." He willed the snowflake away and looked back at the girl, playing with her dragon. "If the good Lord so keeps us safe, we'll be friends from here on out. Does that idea find you well?"

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:12 am

calcifer continued to watch the dragon until what sachieal said dawned on her
her face imidatly light up and a very bright smile lit up her face
"yes very much so"
then she realised what he had said before and her smile slowly left her face"...keeps us safe...do you think you will?"she asked quitly looking down at her bottle then at the dragon.the dragon had laid down and looked pouty.
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:22 am

Sachieal rejoiced internaly at the sight of the girl's smile, only to have his mood change toward confident tranquility once again. "Yes, I believe we'll all be safe. I have a feeling that this battle will be the start of something glorious."

He glanced at the dragon. "But if you don't find some rest, miss, you'll not find yourself in condition for the battle." He felt a smile cross his face once again. "Or mayhaps you will, I don't pride myself on understanding your people's ways."

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:26 am

calcifers smiled return"ya i think we all will be to,orgin said i can help with the wounded tomorrow...but i cant sleep im to excited and yet worried if i can do this..."
the dragon gets back up and walks over to sachieal.
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next