Dark Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 1: Battle of Azrian

+2
Erin
Admin
6 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Chapter 1: Battle of Azrian Empty Chapter 1: Battle of Azrian

Post by Admin Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:46 am

Chapter 1: Battle of Azrian Ch110

Chapter 1: Battle of Azrian 3276

Azrian, the third week into the month of Groudis.
Nightfall, Colline's Inn.

Odei could feel the warmth of the soup through his glove as he wrapped his fingers tightly around the bowl, savouring the heat as it fought back the cold in his finger tips. He still covered his right arm with the glove, though now it was pointless; everyone knew what he was, and no one cared here for they knew he was on their side. Yet after so many years concealing his arm and the marks there that proved he was a dark warlock, he felt naked without it, and kept it on.

Looking at the crowded inn one would be greeted with a most unfamiliar sight: both Lumerian and Umbrovian mages and creatures mingled, most of them were part of Vasillios’s soldiers and united to fight side-by-side, bending over scrolls and hot drinks as they discussed the battle of the following morning. Odei’s eyes fell down to the emblem on his arm, claiming him as well as one of them, and he too would be on tomorrow’s battle field.

He wondered if the people of Eslin were yet oblivious of this war that had consumed more than half of their world, or were they still denying it, still believing their country safe and protected from harm so, so far away, still prosecuting dark warlocks and creatures, not realizing just some few miles away a dark war ranged on? It has been more than six months now since Odei left Pendragon manor, and it was just within the first two months after reaching the army did he understand he would not go back to Eslin.

He left Pendragon Manor to fight and do his part in ending this chaos, he also saw this as his way of protecting the manor and its people, preferring to fight rather than to hide behind the protective walls of his Manor... or under the skirts of the woman he loved for that matter. But once he had arrived in Azrian and joined forces with Vasillios, the truth hit him harder than ever before: war or not, Odei would have never lived a peaceful life in Eslin or in any location primarily dominated by lumerians. He was truly fooled there for a moment by believing that Pendragon Manor was his final destination; his life had always been filled with chaos, conflict and dark magic, how could he have expected he was one to play role of Lord of a house, to remain fixed to one spot and be husband to one woman? That was his second surprise for no sooner than a few weeks into Azrian that the painful urge to return to Freya Pendragon was gone. He had frozen over, and he could not explain it. It had taken him years before he could finally move on from his pervious lover's death, and his obsessive passion for Freya seemed like it would not end... but sure enough, here he was in this dark inn, in the middle of a chaotic land, cold, tiered, and yet he felt no inclination to return to that dream, because he knew he would never belong there, and so the Lady would no longer be part of his dark life. He was moving on yet again from a story where he did not belong, and back into the dark.

The door moaned loudly as it opened and someone entered the inn, fighting off the snow and wind outside. Amidst tiered lines and a new slash alongside his right eye and the stitches pinching his skin there, Odei acknowledged the familiar face with a heartless attempt of a smile.

Last edited by on Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2007-11-22

https://darkwars.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Battle of Azrian Empty Re: Chapter 1: Battle of Azrian

Post by Erin Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:35 am

[Superlong post w/ backstory, it's been a while guys]

(Origin)
The slight figure shook in her rabbit fur cloak, sprinkling the floor in snow. A slender hand removed a bow and quiver of arrows, setting them neatly at the door after a stern look from the innkeeper.

"A little brisk. Nothing a hot tea won't fix," Origin murmured, climbing into the seat, "Knowing storms, it will be gone by gray morning. Or, sun up, as you northerners say."

She sat her satchel atop the table and began rummaging around, muttering about how her stores were trying to freeze, and why anyone would put up with such weather. Ever since she had gotten a good grasp of the language, once she started to speak, it was a never ending torrent of words, at least for the moment. Time and again she would lapse into silence, or her native tongue, and become her old, testy and hot headed self, but luckily, Odei was learning when to stay out of her reach.

Origin shifted in her seat, then snapped her cloak off of her soulders, her long white braid plopping out onto the chair. Her eyes seemed empty, devoid of pupils, until she turned and the light of the hearth caught a hint of silver. She rubbed warmth into her cinnamon brown face with her long slender fingers, then looked around again, signaling a waitress for a bowl of hot water.

She'd grown some, now that she was almost 18, and well fed. No longer completely scrawny, but no where near as healthy as she could be. Like Udei, she couldn't be idle, and drove herself hard, a tough little warrior in copious layers of petticoats.

The waitress sat the bowl on the table, and Origin quickly mixed herself a dark tea with herbs from her satchel. She drank a few sips before setting it down and shivering as the heat travelled down through herbody. Satisfied, she turned to Odei seriously.

"About how many men do you suppose there are out there?" she asked in a hushed tone, "The storm will be vicious on both sides, but you kbow dark magic does its best in low visibility. How can you be sure they will not attack before the storm clears?"

[I have a bad guy in the works if you want me to use one but i'll wait to see if this RP gets more people.]

Last edited by on Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erin
Erin

Female
Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:35 pm

Chapter 1: Battle of Azrian 3276
“No one is sure they will not… but they won’t either way; they know that the dark warlocks are tuned into every shadow. They cannot make a move in the dark without being detected. As for their numbers… there is no question that their numbers will outnumber ours one to three…” leaning back into the chair, crossed arms resting against his chest, he glanced momentarily at a table encircled by soldiers. An Umbrovian captain talking to a Lumerian soldier, instructing him on the morrow’s plan. “… but our tricks outnumber theirs. They won’t be expecting our stunts.”

His eyes returned to hers and he felt the hairs on his neck bristle as he caught the glint of silver in them. That was his doing, the increase of silver in her eyes, what with him training her in the ways of dark magic. It is ironic how the two have come to be friends here, while back at Pendragon Manor he made her life miserable… but he knew nothing of her back then, and did not trust any being to do with dark magic. It felt bizarre that he would let her slip deeper into the dark arts, making her as much an umbrovian as himself, it reminded him of the first time he had met an Umbrovian warlock in the fields of Vespeth near the Blue Scorpion village, when he was only sixteen, where all the mess in his life would begin with that one meeting.

Now HE was that warlock, and Origin his apprentice.

“I just hope the storm ends by then…” he said without continuing, though he looked as if he would say more… he was too tiered to fight in a storm, and the fight would be a hard one. He still felt the bruises of the last battle… perhaps this time he would wear that damn armor, he wasn’t as young and agile as he used to be after all. “How do you feel?” he asked, intending whether or not she was ready for the next day.

Last edited by on Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:45 pm

The girl placed her hand to her belly and arms in a habitual movement to check her scars, all of which had degraded to thin discolored lines well on their way to oblivion.

"I'll be fine," she said with a smile, "It is you who I worry over, Old Man. You should really try some armor this time. Your aching joints will hinder you."

She winked at his grumbling, but he couldn't hide it, she'd seen the gray hairs that were sneaking in through his black mane.

She yawned and eyed the door as it swung open once more.
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:03 am

The dark figure in the doorway was met with the stares of every person in the inn. All sound seemed to be sucked away, as if his presence caused the world to fall into a vacuum. The door slamming on it's way to shelter the inn's residents caused all to jolt with suprise and cautiously return their gazes and conversations to whatever business was at hand.

Strange was this man, who seemed to move with fluidity unlike someone who traversed the storm. He entered wearing no heavy coat, no furs, and no leather save for the heavy boots that moved silently over the wooden floor. He strode over toward the bar and whispered something incomprehensible to the innkeeper, all the while the others in the room oblivious to the stranger.

He walked silently once again to the center of the room, a large bowl of water in his hand and a beer in the other. Clearing his throat a little loudly for even the noise of the planning in the room, he drew the attention of the other patrons.

"My name is Sachieal." He announced to the still-silent crowd.

The stranger threw the water from the bowl into the air, and with a quick snap of his fingers, froze it instantly in midair. Sachieal brought his fingers up to meet the now falling sphere of ice, and with a slight snap of his fingers, the still-frozen ball of ice burst into flame and balance on his outstreched finger. He snapped his wrist and caught the flaming ball of ice in his bare hand, grasping it without the slightest hint of pain upon his snow-white face. Eyes around the room followed the ball as it was flung into the hearth.

The ball impacted with the fire and sent a chill wind through the room, blowing out all the candles and removing all traces of heat from the room. Once again it were as if the world were plunged into a vacuum. No noise, nor light was present in the room, save for the embers of fire coming from the now-introduced strangers outstretched fingers.

"I am looking for whoever is in charge of you all."

TaiKitsune

Male
Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:26 am

(( Chapter 1: Battle of Azrian 3276 & Hurst ))

Odei twisted his lips to one side, wincing his eyes at Origin in a warning; He knew he was growing older at a much faster pace than normal, but he rather not hear it. Before he could return her pun, a large mug of ale slammed on the table with a loud bang, drink sloshing over the rim and all over the table. “Oy! Old man! What’s this?” Hurst indicated the bowl of soup. “No drink? Shall I join you and save this damsel of your boring old ass?”

“No.” Odei replied clearly, but Hurst appeared to care not for permission as he plopped down on the seat next to Odei though nearly missing it and shoving the table in the process and causing more drink to spill, he blew a kiss at Origin, wrapped an arm around Odei’s shoulder and put on his best charming smile he could manage what with so much ale taking over his reflexes. “Hey, what’s up princess? How’s it wi…”

Then the stranger walked in, capturing everyone’s attention with a phenomenal performance of magic. Hurst’s eyes watched as an innocent child would a magician make a coin disappear, he sat still watching the mage in awe, hardly noticing as Odei lifted a leg to shove Hurst’s seat farther away from him, unable to bare the stench of the drunken man. “Frek…” hurst mumbled disappointedly, eyes still fixated on the stranger. “That’s sure going to get him all the lasses…”

Then Odei’s attention was finally captured at the sound of a bang and the instant dimming of lights, his eyes snapped to the hearth, jaw dropping in a silent protest as the fire went out, taking with it the room’s most treasured warmth. He swore under his breath; Odei was freezing as is.

“I’m off. See you lot on the battle field.” Annoyed, he got up, fingers momentarily squeezing the young girl’s shoulder; she would be next to him tomorrow, where he could keep an eye on her and together would use the black arts he taught her some few days ago. He gathered up the blue-hilted claymore, and yanked on the white Sagan coat (it was a marvel the thing was still in one piece.) Crossing the room, he answered the stranger without a glance as he passed him by. “Look for General Vasillios Chatilon; You won’t find him here, try the main tent at the base.”

As Odei disappeared beyond the door, the stranger would then feel the tug at his sleeve, turning; he would be greeted with Hurst’s uneven glare… and the smell of ale. “Hey… d’you…. D’you think you could teash me that?”

Last edited by on Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:47 am

Origin stood up as well, brushing the dust from her skirt front, "He won't find anyone in the dark, now will he? A very rude gesture," she growled turning to look at the hearth. It burst back into flame, much to the suprise of the scullery maid who'd been about to rekindle it.

The soldiers returned to their meals as candles burst back into flame one by one. She grabbed Hurst by his very drunken ear and ushered him to a corner table where he indignantly hugged his mug of ale. Origin shot him a scolding look and went to address the man still standing in the center of the room.

She was only tall enough to reach his shoulders, but her stern gaze made up for the rest, "What is your business here?" she demanded, her hands resting testily on her hips.
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:42 am

The small girl stared at Sachieal with temper in her eyes. Sachieal grinned and extended his hand, a light chuckle escaping his lips at the sight of such dimunitive fury. "I'm sorry for all that, but I do love to make an entrance. I'm Sachieal, and I'm looking for whoever leads this small....army." He looked around at the throng.

"I'm a wandering mage, you see, and I'm hoping to assist in what I hear to be an upcoming battle. You see, my sources tell me that there is to be an attack at dawn, and I thought 'well, mayhaps I can be of some assistance." Sachieal motioned to the now-roaring hearth. "I'm a fire and ice mage, if it wasn't already apparent. My services could be very useful, as the storm won't be letting up any time soon."

Sachieal once again reached out his ghost-white hand to the petite girl, "And you would be?"

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:05 pm

Origin stared at the hand apprehensively. She was still wary of so many colorless people, and their strange touching rituals. She couldn't remember if she was supposed to grab the hand tightly, or just lay her hand in his ,or slap it with her own hand. It was quite the task trying to remember it all.

She grabbed the hand and shook it up and down warily, unsure if that was the correct technique. She quickly retrieved her digits. The softness of mage hands always unnerved her.

"I am Origin," she said softly, moving back to gather up her rabbit fur cloak and satchel, "I can take you to Vasillos, but i see no reason that you can't help. As long as you do not harm any of our own."

She buckled the minute clasp around her shoulders and shouldered her pack, moving to procure her bow. She appraised the man again, catching him by the eye and staring with her own colorless ones. After thouroughly checking his soul for any hint of dissent, she opened the door, letting in a fresh blast of snow and ice (to the crowd's dismay) and stepped outside.
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:12 pm

The girl was cute, almost childlike in her apprehensive handshake. She moved like a small animal, retrieving her bow and fur cloak. Sachieal had no such items, excluding the small bag that hung across his hip.

"Thank you for your kindness, I'd like to go see Vasillos."

Origin was her name, and Sachieal took a bit of a fancy to her, civilities always entertained him. She opened the door and they both stepped forth into the cold. The wind snapped the door shut and silenced the dissent from the party inside the inn.

The girl shivered lightly, even though her cloak and natural resiliance helped to protect her from the driving ice storm, the winds were far too cold to be considered comfortable.

"Allow me, madame'." said Sachieal as he extended his hand between them and curled it into a tight fist. "I believe I shal begin to offer my services as of right now." She looked at his hand quizzically and he opened it, a ball of white flame burst forth and heated the area, causing the driving snow around them to melt and evaporate as they walked towards Vasillos' location. The ball of flame burned bright and lighted their way forward through the storm.

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:21 pm

[[:B so gentlemanly. Origin can see in the dark, but you dont know that.]]

Origin flinched at the light before her face. She had just adjusted her eyes to the dark, and the sudden burst of light hurt for a moment before she had readjusted again.

"Turn off that flame! We'll be seen!" she hissed just over the sound of the wind. She pulled up her cloak about her shoulders and continued on ahead, "This cloak is warm enough by its own merit," she scolded, moving over a slight drift.
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:29 pm

[[So it seems I now know. x3]]

A confused look spread over Sachieal's face, he had not taken into account that the girl had more pride than to let someone assist her through the storm. "Very well, miss. I shall remove it." He closed his fist tight and the flame extinguished immediately.

He continued forth, scanning the dark recesses here and there, searching for some sign of an ambush, or of a round of bandits. Sachieal dismissed the prospect, and continued forth through the snow.

In the distance, surrounded by a grove of tall pine trees stood a tent of sizeable build. They traveled in silence through the last yards toward the building that was their destination.

Last edited by on Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:39 pm

[[tent :B (Odei's post)]]

Origin pushed the tent flap open with a swift flick of her hand, dissapearing into the warm surroundings. The men stationed around the table looked up suprised for a moment, then went back to the map laid out across the table, moving protractors and rulers, making marks and looking altogether busy.

Her eys scanned the crowd for the familiar bother that was, "Vasillos!" she called, walking over and pulling him by the sleeve, "This man wants to speak with you. I don't see anything wrong with him."
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:17 pm

[[Bleh, that slipped my mind, I fixed it.]]

Sachieal approached the tall, battle worn man. Vasillos shook off the girl and walked over. Sachieal studied the man for a long time, before once again extending his hand. "My name is Sachieal, I've come many miles and was told that you are to lead the attack at dawn. I've come to offer my services toward your aid. Ask the girl, you'll find my qualifications to be quite noteworthy."

Both men turned toward Origin. "I've exhibited my skills as both a fire and an ice mage. I am also well versed in hand-to-hand combat." He looked back toward Vasillos, who looked back with a look of minor intrest.

"I want to join your ranks, if it would please you so."

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:35 pm

[[Mota i'm stealing Vas for a moment]

The man gave him a quick, nonchalant nod and moved back to the map, hunching over it,"Do as you will... Origin, stay near him, and make sure he's not spoiling any more plans."

The girl nodded and made her way back towards to door, only to be stopped by the sound of the commander's voice, "And make sure he doesnt go about making anymore lightshows. We cannot afford to have our position broadcasted."

The girl nodded silently, then looked to Sachieal, motioning her head towards the heavy tent flap.
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:15 pm

Sachieal moved out of the tent and held the flap open for Origin, a scowel forming on his face. "Honestly, I left hell for this? Lord almighty, if I ever see a single damned person in this god-forsaken realm enjoy themselves I'll die on the spot."

The girl stared at him as he mumbled to himself, her eyes wide and a soft smile on her face. He looked back at her with a puzzled look on his face, which shifted into a light grin. "What?"

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:28 pm

[[It won't.I hope.] Come on MOTA!] Origin doesn't smile that often, so i can't think of why she would.]]

"Nothing," she said, turning around and heading back off into the blizzard. She wondered where Odei had gone off to in this storm. She was still in awe of snow. She'd thought before that the stuff was the shredded corpses of clouds, after having come from the desert sands, and rarely seeing any clouds, seeing so many had over whelmed her. She hadn't wanted to even step on it the first time she'd seen it.

She followed the cold trail, stepping carefully around in her boots. Shoes were always a strain on her, and the thicker they were, the more disoriented she became. She stubbed her toe in a drift and fell face forward into the snow with a thud.
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:37 pm

Calcifer walked aimlessly through the blizzard.She had never left her small little village until recently,she had always been alone...but never traveld.she looked around hopelessly and then decided to sit under a nearby tree hoping to escape the cold just a little.
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:49 pm

Origin sat back up, shaking the snow from herself, when she suddenly noticed another being nearby.

"Who goes there?" she ordered over the whipping winds.
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:53 pm

calcifer stood up and listened for she thought she heard somthing but it was very quite,
"Hello?"Calcifer yeild and started to walk again to find the source of the noise.
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:59 pm

Origin called out again, "Who goes there?! What are you doing out in a storm?!"

She readied her bow, in case of an ambush.
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:00 pm

This time calcifer heard the voice loud and clear and she responded
"Its calcifer and i am lost, and who might you be?"
Calcifer continued to walk in the direction of the voice
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:06 pm

Origin grasped the girl's hands and pulled her close so she could see. "Origin, and this is no time to be lost"

Without hesitation she hurried off in the direction of the inn, entering and slamming the door, then suddenly opening it to allow Sachieal entrance.

She shook the snow from her cloak and snapped it off, the white braid again flying from her shoulders.
Erin
Erin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TaiKitsune Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:10 pm

Sachieal studied the girls and their interaction and found himself at loss for action. "Thank you for remembering my existance, Origin." He stated with a hint of irritation. He made his way to the innkeeper and ordered himself a room, he'd want to spend the last hours before dawn alone.

He turned to the others in the room, "I hope the night finds you well, comerades." Sachieal made his way out of sight and into his room.

TaiKitsune

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcalciferxx Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:12 pm

Calcifer smiled as she enterd the warm inn.She turned to look at orgin and bowed.
"Sorry if i scared you...and thanks for bringing me here"she said softly almost a whisper.
xxcalciferxx
xxcalciferxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next